My blog entries

Saturday, October 29, 2005
My First Attempt at a Sonnet
For those of you who asked for it, here's my "critically-acclaimed"(haha actually teacher acclaimed it but she's really hard to please!) sonnet of Olivia in Act 1, scene 5. In case you don't already know which play Olivia came from, it comes from Twelfth Night by Shakespeare. Hope you like it!



Olivia 1.5








Oh faith, has Cupid come hither to draw






his swift powerful arrow of romance?






I look upon this man with growing awe






as he spoke his ever wonderful chants






I can't help but wish for him to be mine






And to be his, for
all eternity






Look at me, acknowledge my open signs






And I prithee, feed thy affinity






I myself have flaws like all others do






"Too proud" and "fair cruelty", I've been named






Yet this I can say and this I know true






I choose whom I love and I'm unashamed






How all this will fadge, only time can tell






Love's indeed like magic, a precious spell...





posted by Bubbles at 8:44 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Bubbles
aka thePinkBunny

view my profile



 Post Archive...




As Seen on TV
Free Web Counter
As Seen on TV
hits since 24-11-04




now playing:



Creative Commons License
google analytics: